Thursday, April 9, 2015

Gluten Free Special K Review

I was excited to see Gluten Free Special K. Although I'd been Gluten Free for years, Special K was one of my favorite cereals back in the day. I couldn't wait to try it. The front of the box said it had a "touch of brown sugar" but I didn't think it would be an issue. I don't like sugary cereals, but what's a "touch?"

Well, it was a touch too much. This cereal was too sweet for me. It was very brown sugary.  I don't remember regular Special K being that sweet. So I checked the labels. Regular Special K has 4 grams of sugar, Gluten free has 9 grams. Double the sugar. This pushes the carb count from 23 in regular Special K to 42 carbs for the gluten free version.

If you like sweet cereals, you may like the new Gluten Free Special K.
But for me? No thanks, Kellogg's. I'll be back when you bring down the sugar count.

There was a nice surprise on the Special K site some Special K Protein Shakes   will soon be labeled Gluten Free!

For the too sweet Gluten Free Special K I'm giving 3 stars. It's good but not like the Special K I loved. I'll be reviewing the Special K Protein Shakes in the future.

No comments: