Monday, April 22, 2013

Bingo Night - Bring Your Own Celiac Snacks

Bring my own food? A Celiac loves those words. Not to have to rely on whatever cross contaminated issues other's bring to the table while feeling like a freak for turning it down? Yes, I'm in!

Tonight I'm going to get a couple of packages of gluten free cookies and arrange them on a platter with fresh strawberries. Maybe a bag of GF potato chips? A veggie platter? GF candy laid out on a dish? Since I only drink water or coffee I'll probably just bring some Poland Springs. Or maybe stop by Starbucks on the way.

Going places that ask me to bring a dish are my favorite places to go. Socializing is hard when you go somewhere and can't eat  or fear eating what's served. Usually I just eat before I go or after I get back. Not always fun, but we do what we have to do.

So we're going to a Bingo Steal where everyone brings food and drinks and a $10 gift. We play a few rounds of bingo and then for the next few rounds who ever wins gets to steal a gift back.

"Bring your own food," I love those words.
:)

No comments: