Wednesday, December 26, 2007

GLUTEN FREE OATMEAL!!!


Yes, its true. Oatmeal is in the meal plan for Celiacs once again. I found Bob's Red Mill, Gluten Free Oatmeal in the store last week.

I stared at it for three days...there haven't been any oats in my life since 2003 when I first heard the words "Celiac Disease". Could this be true? Since I'm a fairly sensitive Celiac I'm very careful with my diet. Gluten free oats? Could I be so lucky???

Gluten free Oats; That translates into warm bowls of Oatmeal on cold winter mornings, Oatmeal cookies and bars and anything else I could bake those healthy oats into... has Bob's Red Mill answered my prayers?

After the days of staring and hoping it was true we made cookies....and I ate one. Just one. It melted in my mouth and I almost fainted at the bliss. Oh, Yum! I waited a day and ate two more. So far, so good. No stomach pain, nausea, or other less mentionable reactions --NOTHING!

So, of course, I checked out the Bob's Red Mill website and found lots of recipes, too. More things to make from my new found oatmeal. I have to send them a thank you. You can, too. Just check out Bob's wonderful website: https://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/index.php?action=showdetails&product_ID=681

Bob's Red Mill---I love you! You gave me back one of my favorite foods.

(I'll post my Oatmeal Raisin recipe tomorrow.)

No comments: